Monday, April 30, 2012

Some Day

My $2 heels from Saturday's post have already came out to play. I'm still in disbelief that I get the privilege of calling these beauties mine. The weather has been magnificent and I keep insisting on showing a little leg and spending very possible moment outside. Matt and I attempted to set sail on another flea market voyage until we were derailed by a lying liar on Yelp who posted the wrong date. We were bummed for about 15 seconds, said a few how dare he’s and moved on to lunch in Old Town Pasadena. We secured a coveted window seat and were able to people watch between bites. We observed proud parent's pushing their children, elderly couples holding hands and groups of friends laughing. Watching these people steered up chatter about how all these people represent the present and future us. It’s bizarre and thrilling to think that one day we'll be responsible for a little life and will one day walk wrinkly hand in wrinkly hand while drinking senior coffees and waving our canes. Unlike most, I don't fear the grandfather clock and look forward to all "some days" we talk about.
A nice Sunday won't be complete without a treat!
The raspberry and pistatico macaroons I ate were killer.

7 comments:

  1. I didn't get a chance to tell you on your other post but i live 5 MINUTES from Pasadena!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This means we might need to be real life friends!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the nice comment, I am now following back! Those macarons look amazing and you outfit is super cute too :)
    Modern Modest Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping in! I look forward to getting to know you!

      Delete
  3. Macaroons keep coming back to haunt me! I need to get on this band wagon. And I agree, I can' wait to join the "Some Days" as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The band wagon welcomes you!!!
      Life gives us a lot to look forward to!

      Delete
  4. Love the dress with the coral cardi - and those shoes are SO cute!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete