Saturday, April 14, 2012

A moment


The recent rains have equated for days spent indoors and tucked away. My cat daughter and I spent the majority of yesterday listening to rain from our fortress of blankets. I've been feeling ill again so my only entertainment has been watching her chase the occasion shadow. When Matt got home I was thrilled for a companion I could actually converse and get a meal with. We decided to take a lengthy drive just for the sake of doing so. Despite being nearly 7pm the evening was beautiful and the sky looked as if the sun was fighting the moon for a little more time. There was something so simple and romantic about the moments that made up our drive. I was truly taken aback and found myself holding in a (I’m so happy I could burst) tear or two. This story doesn't have a grand ending nor does it need to. Things can be both simple and beautiful. Too often love is quantified in roses and gifts when it can simply be found in a quick moment.

4 comments:

  1. I completely agree. I get that feeling sometimes with Jacob. Last night we had a silly string fight. When we ran out of string, we just kind of layed on the bed laughing. It was a simple moment but it's in that moment that you remember all the reasons you fell in love :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're feeling better! I love it when the little things in life make you happy.

    ReplyDelete