Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May 1st

Three years ago I started dating my fiance, Matt and in 1 year and 2 days I will have the privilege calling him my husband (Boo ya! Holla! Woot woot! Get it girl!). I'm grateful to have someone who brings such joy and meaning to my life. I feel that there is nothing we can't conquer and accomplish together.
He is the peanut butter to my jelly.
 Last night we celebrated our anniversary by cooking up a feast, exchanging gifts, sipping champagne, eating cake, and cuddling in front of the TV.
Do you see the box in the right corner? It's a slip 'n slide! Matt fondly talks about how much he enjoyed them and I thought it would be the perfect nostalgic activity to beat the heat in the coming weekends. I swear our wedding registry will contain everything from silverware and bedding to legos and snow cone makers. We are kids at heart and like what we like:)

Lastly, I'll leave you with a few things about my main squeeze:
  • Chivalry is alive and well in our house. Matt always opens my doors, offers his coat, holds the umbrella, walks on the side closest to the street etc. It's just who he is.
  • He is a great singer, loves to entertain, and frequents karaoke bars. He will sing anywhere and in front of any size crowd.
  • He owns more clothes than me! I cross my heart this is true! I guess it is only right that two hoarders found one another.
  • He doesn't like cheese or eggs. They freak him out.
  • This is a rough estimate but he owns somewhere around 1,400 cds. Music is a huge part of his life and he use to spend hours buying, selling, and trading music at Amoeba Records.
  • Lastly, I love him to pieces and thank you for reading!


6 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you :) I can't wait until I reach this point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww happy anniversary!! So we got engaged a couple days apart and we will be getting married a couple days apart - our date is 5/4/13! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Did you see how many entries we have!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yes I have! So happy with how it's turning out.

      Delete