Monday, April 9, 2012

You're my boy blue!

On Friday I took the Metro along with some of my friends to The Angel's opening game. I know nothing about baseball and purely tagged along for a evening of stadium food ($50 bucks later) and good friends. I'm happy to report the Angels won by 5, the fireworks were gorgeous, and I now know the name of the team's golden boy. I probably shouldn't admit that last one but at least I no longer refer to him as, "The guy who hits really far".
Do you remember the movie "Old School"?
Do you remember Blue?
I found his brother Red:)
On the ride home my girlfriends and I made friends with a group of 5 crazies and Red. Red was stumping around laughing to himself  when he suddenly broke into song. We looked at each other with stupid grins and joined in. We started with some Johnny Cash, then onto to some oldies, and finished strongly with Sweet Caroline. I was laughing, clapping, and stomping so hard I nearly sent myself into an asthma attack. Despite having a huge audience we all sang and danced like no one was watching! As our journey was coming to an end one of the crazies realized her and Red had the same shoes. She then told him that he should trade one his white shoe laces for one of her red as a symbol of their new friendship (The BFF shoe lace can be slightly seen in the photo above). Unfortunately, I had nothing to trade and happily settled for a high five:)

Happy Monday my friends!


1 comment:

  1. Aw that looks like fun!! I love making random friends, even if it's with a crazy :) The only live baseball game I've ever been to was the Padres :)

    ReplyDelete