Monday, April 23, 2012

Danny Boy

 My brother Danny is turning is 23 and I decided a little surprise was inorder. He is a great guy and I'm so proud of the man he is growing into. The other day I lead him to believe that him and his girlfriend (Thanks Melissa for playing 007 with me) were simiply coming over to my place to watch TV. Upon arriving he was greeted by his favorite beverage, frosted brownies, and a poorly wrapped shirt (I need to start a gift wrap box and stop recycling i.e. used Valentines tissue paper). 
 Korean Drinking etiquette (or so I've been told)
In Korea it's customary for one not to pour their own drinks. Since I don't believe in breaking tradition I made sure our table poured heavily and frequently for the birthday boy. I also found out that whether you use one or two hands makes a huge difference. When pouring for a person who is older or holds importance one must use two hands. Needless to say our table had a bunch of scrabbling arms making sloppy one handed pours. Besides pouring we did a whole lot of eating. For 17.99 you can eat all you want for as long as you want. Each table comes equipped with a buzzer that looks like a door bell that when pushed summons a waiter with additional food (beef, chicken, sirloin, octopus and squid to name a few), . We ended up pushing that button for 3 hours before rolling out of there. If you're in the Los Angeles area Road to Seoul is a must!
Happy Birthday Danny! I love you!

1 comment: