Saturday, April 28, 2012

Major Steals

Last night Matt and I babbled back and forth on possible ways to spend this Saturday morning. Jokingly, I Googled "Events in Pasadena" as a last resort and was hit with tons of options. For instance the Rose Bowl was hosting the 10th Annual Grilled Cheese Invitational complete with 250 amateurs and 50 professionals. If you're a Rob and Big fan you'll  remember the episode when they enter the competition. Since Matt and cheese are arch enemies we decided to stop by a large charity yard sale instead :)
(Glasses $0.25 each, Heels $2, Purse $1, Tie $1, and there is also
a hidden pair of Michael Kors heels I also picked  up for $2)
I wish we had arrived sooner, there were tons of modern and vintage furniture pieces going for pennies with SOLD signs on them! It was the most organized and well merchandised event of this kind I've ever been to. Complete with departments, cash registers, and clerks. We especially enjoyed seeing and old fashioned refrigerator for 30 bucks and a dainty vintage vanities for 40 (of course, we left them behind as we had no use or room for them).
After being bit by the shopping bug, we cruised over to a swap meet being held at a nearby college.
I love being outside and enjoying the sun with my honey. Below are our food truck delicacies and super sweet beverages! Matt is on a bottled Coke kick right now and well, I'm always on a Sangria kick.
Yum Yum!
Do you like my denim button up? I bought it off a man for a dollar, oh and it gets better, it's Levis and I just found a nearly identical one online for 49.99! It was difficult not to immediately break out into a victory dance and blow my poker face. I gave him my dollar and jetted out of sight. Also, Matt picked 4 CD's at a dollar each so everyone left gleaming.
Lesson of the day: Googling events in your local cities are key to cheap fun!
Happy Saturday friends and please stop by my friend Jenn's blog and check out the giveaway we got going on!

3 comments:

  1. I do that all the time :) I have yet to actually GO to an event but that's because nothing really good has come up yet! Love the finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Garage sales! And those heels are so cute! Jealous at your adorable finds!

    ReplyDelete