Sunday, May 6, 2012

My Weekend


My weekend began with a public rendition of Shakespeare's most famous "Hamlet" in the aisles of Costco. I haven't been to one of these stores in don't know 10 years? I swear it is an amusement park for grocery store enthusiast. I was a tad bit over whelmed with the all people scavenging towards the sample carts and the employees yelling  out deals over their head sets. The possibility of being trampled to death over a free nibble of pizza is more than likely. Also, did you know Costco sells wedding dresses? I can't image wheeling a cart filled with a life supply of fruit roll ups, a mega man bulk of 100 toilet papers rolls, a gallon of ketcup, and a wedding dress through the check out. I already have my wedding dress but Matt cracked a joke that if I were to purchase from them I'd probably be required to buy in bulk and would be left with three spares.


Happy Cinco de Mayo friends! On Saturday my work hosted a salsa cook off and thanks to my friend Carmen's recipe I had a standing chance. The salsa was full of favor and a spicy hidden kick that everyone loved. I'm super weak to flaming hot salsa but it was completely worth all the water I drank afterwards.


Lastly, I rounded off the weekend with a Sunday hike. My friend, Vanessa, came out to my neck of the woods and we hit the trail behind Griffith Observatory where I took my engagements. It was far more of a challenge than I had anticipated. I was huffing and buffing something sorry and straight up embarrassing. It is really difficult to stay motivated at the gym while running on the never ending treadmill (hamster in the wheel status). I've decided to start hitting the outdoors and have been compiling a list of trails I plan on conquering. Wish me luck.

I hope you all had the best weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Those are a lot of wedding dresses. I would love to hike in that place too! :D

    ReplyDelete