Monday, August 13, 2012

Vacation Part 2

Below is my favorite "Don't judge me I'm on vacation" treat. I feel like when you have one of these puppies in your lap you can't help but smile and think of Homer Simpson.
Matt, my lovely little donut, and I went to our favorite swap meet on Sunday. Our house got painted while we were in San Diego so we were dying to pick up some neat things to fill our walls. "Some" quickly turned into many but we are really happy with our pickings!
I converted our third titty bitty bedroom into my closet and I think the piece below will look perfect! I was able to talk the guy down by telling him this bride to be isn't going to have center pieces because she's spending all her money on art and that a wedding isn't a wedding without flowers. He agreed and accepted my offer:)
Swap Meet finds: Dress $5 and Purse $10! I picked up another neat dress but it needs a little operation before it makes its debut.
We spent the rest of the evening by the pool with some of our favorite Amigos.
Odd Confession: I bought a watermelon and when I got home I realized I don't know the ways of the watermelon. I didn't bang on it like drum during the selection process (someone inform me what I should be listening for, thank you) and circled it with a knife 4 times while figuring out a plan of attack.
Sadly my vacation is over and I'm not ready to go back to work:( 
Isn't that the worst? 
  Lastly, please stop by The Pink Growl and  read my guest post! The writer is on vacation and I've been lucky enough to step in!

Toodles!

12 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm your newest follower - just came over from The Pink Growl - LOVE your engagement story- you guys are too cute:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and I'll be checking out your blog too!

      Delete
  2. A Donut. Really? -_- no faiiiiirrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and do you want to guest post on my blog sometime this month? Let me know. I'd really love it if you could.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be great! Let know what kind of post your looking for!

      Delete
  3. Hi!! Stopping by from the pink growl. Im a fellow SoCal blogger too! I live in orange county! Love finding fellow coal bloggers! New follower! Xo Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for SoCal! Sometimes I feel like the only one!

      Delete
  4. Looks like an amazing time!! And $5 for that dress?! I love it :)

    xo,
    Angela
    headtotoechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, I'm in love with that the dress you found! I love thrifting with all my heart and love that you found this beautiful dress for only $5.

    Thanks for visiting me at www.nauticalstripes.com! I'm your newest follower :)

    Mindy at www.nauticalstripes.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you. You just got back from vacay and are going to Disney next month? How fun!! Looks like you had so much fun and I LOVE that piece you found for your closet!
    P.S. I think they sell those umbrellas in "New Orleans Square" at Disneyland in case you're wondering :)

    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look so so pretty in that beautiful dress and that bag?! perfection xx

    ReplyDelete