Saturday, August 4, 2012

I Can Cook?

A Conversation I had with my super old fashion grandmother years ago:

GMA- "When are getting married?"
Me- "I'm 16 years old."
GMA- "Get ready, get ready now!"
Me-"What? How? Why?"
GMA-"All of you girls are too modern with your box dinners and delivery things."
Me- "You mean take out?"
GMA-"You need to learn to cook good meals, clean or you'll end up alone"
Me- (no longer humoring her) "Are you sure I can't just hire a maid and server Doritos every night?"

Obviously I escaped her warned fate! But according to her this could have been me roaming through life with a camera extender.
Anyways, we've been trying to eat healthy around these parts and I think I've done a pretty good job of not driving my Fiance away (Thanks Grandma). We've been eating brown rice, steamed veggies, fruit, chicken, and ground turkey by the trunk loads....and liking it! How do you eat heathly? I started with quiting soda but I know that isn't enough.
(As I'm writing this Matt is picking up breakfast burritos. Our health goals don't apply to the weekend).


4 comments:

  1. Soda is totally the hardest thing for me to give up - even though I know it's horrible for me! One option is to go for the natural sodas (like Hansen's) that use cane sugar rather than high fructose corn syrup (which is basically the devil - and found in SO many things). It's still sugar though. Otherwise I think I eat pretty healthy. I have been trying to add more "super foods" and whole grains to my diet rather than count calories, and I think it's way easier because it's not really a "diet."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just discovered the greatness of Hansen's last week! Thankss

      Delete
  2. Your grandma sounds hilarious! I try to eat healthy but I'm not so great at it. I'm such a picky eater so it's hard to find things to eat that taste good but are also healthy.

    xo,
    Angela
    headtotoechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete