Sunday, August 12, 2012

Vacation Part 1

Every year my family gathers at a resort in San Diego to relax and enjoy the gift of family. I know that last part sounds like a text book cheesy description but it is the honest cross my heart hope to die truth. My grandfather's sister and her husband honeymooned there waaaaaay back when and have made it a tradition to return each summer.
I'm standing 4 feet from the glass door of our room. Not a bad view, right?
Table for 30 please (we always roll deep). One night our crowd busted the seams of an extra small Italian joint in Pacific Beach. The food was finger licking good and the conversations were endless. Highlights of from our table talk: Listening to men in our family express their guilty love for Gray's Anatomy (direct quote "Miranda is my girl"), summer travels, painful professors, certain people's inabilities to ride a bike, and Vegan diets.
Derby Day outfit: Hat- Nordstrom, Dress- 4 season old bridesmaid dress that I got for 5.85 because it was missing the belt, Wedges- Ann Taylor.
We always show up in style!
At a nearby bar with my cousins.
We were only able to stay for two days this year but it was well worth it!

4 comments:

  1. I love old family traditions!! How great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm big on traditions and glad my family has a couple long running ones.

      Delete
  2. OMG i used to live in Pacific Beach!! The bayside where those pics were taken is my old stomping ground! How LUCKY that you get to go there with your family every year. Awww I miss it! Looks like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Small world! I love visiting the area and can't believe you got to live there.

      Delete