Sunday, June 3, 2012

Miss Cleo

                I have always been fascinated by Egyptians and their mysterious culture. NERD ALERT: I adore the song “Walk like an Egyptian”, constantly TVO related shows on the History Channel, and when it came to booking a hotel for my 21st Birthday Luxor was the only option. I don’t know about you but Cleopatra, AKA-the woman who ruled the men who ruled the world has always been a personal favorite. I have no problem admitting that the highlight of my weekend was viewing her exhibit at the California Science center. Due to natural disasters her palace now lays at the bottom of the ocean and the exhibit featured all the artifacts that have been recovered from recent sea explorations. If you’ve never been to this museum you must know that it also offers free exhibits, an IMAX theater, and a beautiful rose garden right behind it.
 Beautiful, right?

These two statues once stood in front of her palace.

Queen bling bling!
Pictures from movies and paintings about her.
Happy Sunday Friends!


2 comments:

  1. I have the same obsession with conspiracies and World War II. I love seeing exhibits and watching historical shows about it. History is so interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wish you were moving out my way:)

    ReplyDelete