Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Catalina

Matt's birthday was last month and this weekend he was finally able to cash in his gift. I surprised him with breakfast in bed and then we headed to Long Beach to board a boat to Catalina.
A band Matt and I like was performing at a beach club on the Island and company that put on the event also chartered boats for all the ticket holders. What they didn't tell us was that they put us on an ancient booze cruse boat that basically floated and drifted its way to the Island. The boat ride is typically 45mins and our was 2 hours and 20mins. I felt like I was on the trail of tears boat ride to my death and so did all the other passengers that were throwing up on each other (not an exaggeration).
Early on we decide we would make the best of the situation and 
 spent the last hour of the ride outside sucking up as much oxygen as possible.
Big Olaf's ice cream! You can't go to the Island and not get some of their famous ice cream!
I've been eating this stuff each time I've come since I was a little kid.
Beautiful view and drinks on the beach!

3 comments:

  1. That sound so great! My bf still needs to cash in his birthday gift!!

    Fromfreyawithlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even know this posted btw. I wasn't finished lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you guys had a good time!

    ReplyDelete