Thursday, September 6, 2012

Therapy

I’m an extremely sentimental person who is driven by her hyperactive emotions. When getting my new phone/provider it didn’t dawn me that I could lose my voicemails since I kept my original number. In my voicemail box I’ve been safe guarding a voicemail Matt left me the night we met, 3 years and 4 months ago. I feel like death. To some this may come across as overreacting but it was truly one of my most prized memories and a reminder of where our journey began.  I think too often in long term relationships people forget about their beginnings and pure joy that comes with falling in love.
RIP voicemail, I will miss you….
How I got through today’s tragedy: Retail and food therapy.
In my opinion, that combination can force rays of sunshine through even the thickest and darkest clouds. Matt and I went on one of our famous midweek dates and did a something we each enjoy. We hit the theatre and saw The Campaign (trust me, it’s rental worthy, rather than 11 bucks each worthy). Right by the theatre is a huge antique store that we played around in for an hour. The store has an amazing high quality selection of goodies, but due to its ritzy location (the Paseo Colorado in Pasadena) you won’t be scoring any deals. Boo. We ended the night at Sizzler - yes we like that place, yes we dig the salad bar, and no we don’t feel that we need to defend our position. We also love that it’s always quiet – a fringe benefit to being the only patrons that aren’t eligible to order off of the seniors’ menu.
I will rebuild. The end:)


1 comment:

  1. You are SO not alone. I went so far once as to write texts down that I wanted to save. The most devastating moment of technological breakdowns for me? I'll tell you (the short version :) ):
    My boyfriend and I, while knowing each other in high school, started dating *officially* in 2010. I'm pretty sure he's the first guy I've ever been IN love with. Anyway, from Fall 2010-Summer 2011 he lived in Ohio and I lived in Oregon, thus we NEVER saw each other. On Valentine's Day, a holiday I'm not sure I care for, he was the best and sent me flowers and chocolates etc. BUT then sent me a e-card and spent about 2 pages telling me about the love he feels for me and how it's like the universe has stopped and as long as we're together, the world could end blah blah like sappy seriously romantic things. I think I read it every hour for like three days. I saved the e-mail in my inbox and a few months later, on an especially difficult night of missing him, I went to read it...and it was F-Ing GONE. Little did I know, the e-card people delete the cards after 30 days. It felt like we had just broken UP I was so devastated. So you are not alone in this. I am sorry for your loss!

    ReplyDelete