Monday, October 22, 2012

You Spin Me Right Round!

My life is a broken record spinning over and over - eat, sleep, work and school on the turn table of eternity. Since my fate is sealed till Christmas break, I will continue the speedy revolutions and do my best to rise in the morning. Whenever I feel like things are getting too heavy, I have to kick my friend Nancy and all her negativity to curb. This normally involves pitchers of black coffee, crushed monster cans rolling around my car, and the man taking me out.
I'm so thankful for my industrial Sam's Club sized fan of a man piece (actually read the above quote). If it wasn't for our Groupon date and 99 cent store shopping spree I would have spent the evening with a freezer burned meal in my sweats.
We went to a finger licking good hot stand, do you see that grub above? Besides the bun and dog mine was topped with lettuce, bacon, tomatoes, roasted garlic aioli and avocado. Matt's, The O.G. Thai Slaw Dog included chicken sausage, peanut-coconut satay dressing, cilantro-carrot slaw, peanuts, and sesame aioli. Gosh that meal made me happy.

Afterwards we walked across the strip mall and into the 99 cent store for some corny Halloween decorations. Have you ever traveled up on down the aisles at one of these stores grabbing all things silly and fun because everything is ONLY a dollar and then end up wasting 30 dollars? Waste or not, we are proud owners of a skull oven mitt, cat naps calendar, hot pink hangers, and dry bricks of noodles.

I don't know what your Monday was like but mine was worth every dollar (or every ninety-nine cents, if you will).

3 comments:

  1. Kick nancy to the curb! Haha I loled :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. they always have the cutest things! it's hard to resist buying them! that food looks so good. hang in there. christmas is right around the corner.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete