Thursday, October 4, 2012

Friday Letters


Dear Old Wedding Dress, I’m sorry I mislead you to believe our trip in the car was to begin the necessary cutting and snipping. You were my first love but not the love of my life. It’s not you, it’s me. I promise you’ll make another girl very happy someday. I’m breaking up with you.
Dear New Wedding Dress, Don’t mind the above false sorrows, my heart mended the day I met you. I can’t believe your mine foreeeeeverrrrrrr….like in the movie Sandlot when the Squints says “Forrrrrrrevvvvvver, forrrrrrrreverrrr” in slow motion and all dramatically. 

Dear Palm Springs, I can’t wait to party and sweat in your heat. NOT. Can we please work something out? I’d like to enjoy my spontaneous vacation with my main squeeze.
Dear Fiancé, Thanks for keeping my head above water during this past week. I feel that with you standing by my side there is nothing too bonkers or stressful that I can’t overcome. I’m currently singing a certain song in my head and thinking of you, “So darlin’, darlin’ stand by me, oh stand, stand by me (and I’ll always stand by you) Oh stand, stand by me.”
Dear Sewing Teacher, Thanks for requiring us to bring a mini fortune worth of supplies to class and then having us make something to put them in during a single period. I think I handled it pretty well, especially since I was one of two students who turn in a finished piece.
Closed
Open
Nailed it!

Dear  New Followers, I love you and can’t wait to get to know you! Have a great weekend!
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Sewing class? How's that going?? I've always wanted to learn how to sew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really fun but super tough at the same time. i learning a lot of patience!

      Delete
  2. i can't wait to get to know you, too!
    that's great that you are taking sewing lessons.
    i learn a lot from youtube but i have an awesomely sweet lady in my church who helps me fill in the blanks. what you've made here is reallycute
    and congrats on being engaged and it's nice to have someone who can help you keep your head above water! that's who my husband is to me big time!
    have a wonderful weekend!
    i am actually going to l.a. next week (i'm originally from long beach) and i'm so excited about it. but i'm going to south dakota right after so i have nooo idea what kind of clothes to pack!

    morgan
    http://quitetheblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious writing! That sewing supplies kit/holder is soooo cute! I love the fabric!

    And I am so glad that you found the perfect dress, that is so important! :)

    Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amberly! I'm so happy that my search is forever over!

      Delete
  4. Pretty pouch! Looks like you definitely nailed it. Hope you're having a good weekend and its not too hot for you! And glad you found the perfect dress :)

    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's this business with a new wedding dress??

    ReplyDelete