Wednesday, November 7, 2012

I'm ALIVE!


I'm back from my temporary death! I came down with something 2 week ago worthy of the stomach flu record books. It sadly ruined my Halloween and took me away from having any blog fun with you fine people! Now that I'm in tip top shape I'm right back to what I do best, SHOPPING! Can you blame a girl?
I present you with my $37 dollar outfit

(Sweater-$6, Tights-$9, Necklace- Thrifted $2.50, Bracelets- Thrifted @ quarter each, Clutch- Thrifted $3 Boots-super old thrift $16).
I recently came across the most amazing non-profit thrift store that supports children and adults with mental disorders. I found it online and was a little apprehensive about going since it is located in one of those areas where you triple click the lock button on your car alarm and pray no one will rob you. After shopping like a mad woman (nearly everything from the above outfit is from here) I spent a good 20 minutes talking with some of the program leaders and learned that the store is run completely by volunteers and they receive strong financial support and product donations from Los Angeles' elite.  They receive so many donations that they close the store every 2 months and bring out stored donations in their proper seasons. I was invited to return on November 19th to their Christmas open house party. I was excited to meet such passionate people and find a place where I can possibly donate my time, my old goods, and spend my money on a good cause,

3 comments:

  1. So glad you are feeling better! That sounded horrible. I love your outfit! Your top and necklace is very pretty. What an awesome place with a great cause!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so great!! I love the outfit. I can't wait to get paid and go shopping for the first time since, get this, JULY. Yeah. F-ing July.

    ReplyDelete