Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Nature Hike

"This is what heathy people do, you want to be heathy right?" 

This is the conversation I had with myself as I rolled out of bed at 7am to prepare for a hike.
I'm not exactly Miss Fitness but I've been very aggressive with my efforts to lose weight and eat cleaner. While working out at the gym I often find it difficult to stay motivated and entertained. I call it "hamster syndrome"  because feeling like a critter trapped on a spinning wheel is enough to make anyone go crazy. I live near several great trails and have made it a personal mission to get out in the fresh air and experience them. My friend who is familiar with this trail guided we through one of the most beautiful hikes I've ever been on. He is among the first people I met when moving to the area and I adore our lengthy conversations about controversial documentaries, zombies, dirty hippies, historical figures, current issues, and life aspirations. When we are in one another's company life is anything but dull.
This trail is only 20 mins from my home and I can't believe it's taken my lazy bum a year and a half to experience it. Matt grew up in this area and over his lunch break shared stories of the times he spent here with his father. They would go for long runs and when it was time to collect bugs for his science project they left no rocks unturned. It's nice to know that he has so many fond memories of this place and I can't wait to return together.

4 comments:

  1. I seriously love nature and hiking. I feel like a hampster in a city themed ball haha I can't wait to move to Arkansas in July and have NATURE all around me. These pictures make me long for warmth and summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You move more than anyone I know and to the most drastically different places! There will be no lack of nature in Arkansas!

      Delete
  2. I cannot believe this is only 20 minutes from your home!!!! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? I've already went out and hiked it again since this post. I can't let all that beauty go to waste!

      Delete