Thursday, March 14, 2013

Love YEAH!

One of things that makes me fond of living in Los Angeles is the weekend swap meets. There are only so many things that will make this girl rise from her deep slumber on a Sunday and this is without question one of them. With the wedding, work, and school competing so heavily for our time it was a absolute treat to have a morning to enjoy with by ourselves. The Rose Bowl Swap Meet in Pasadena, CA is the Great Bambino, colossus of clout, sultan of swat, the king of crash...currently watching Sandlot and I'm taking a cue from them to drive home my point that there is no greater swap meet in all the land:) I always find a variety of nic-nacs and vintage jewelry like the babes above for something crazy like TWO BUCKS and Matt typically finds sports memorabilia and advertising signs. We typically leave with our arms full, wallets empty, and stomachs bursting with breakfast burritos (Nom nom, just how we like it). Our hunting extravaganza was short lived because I had to scurry off to campus to complete a group project and then finish up the rest of the night at work. I have a year left of school and I can't wait to have the availability to secure a Monday through Friday job. For those of you who work similar schedules as me, do you ever feel the desire to reclaim and take back your weekends? Do you ever wonder if you'll one day regret the weekend trips you didn't take or the family parties you missed out on? I sure do. My mom is worse than the paparazzi on Oscar night when it comes to taking pictures of her family. I'd be lying if I didn't admit that it hurts my heart to find myself so sparingly among the hundreds of pictures she takes. Sorry for being a Debbie downer but it is something I constantly think about and have anxiety over. This past Sunday was a great reminder of the purpose of creating goals and that sometimes we have to give up what feels like everything in order to achieve them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment