Thursday, March 28, 2013

INSTA-awesome

*Disclaimer: My blog is now more of a diary and if you decide to stay around these parts be prepared for lengthier posts that ramble on to no ends.

This is the last week of my life according to my cell phone and Instagram. While Matt was rocking Vegas for his bachelor party I got my own groove on back home. 
Starburst and Wine- Favorites colors and flavors!
If I used the acronym YOLO (I don't know why I'm so against it) I'd use it to describe this photo and night. Sometimes evenings come along that you least expected and your reminded that you haven't been celebrating life loudly enough. When was the last time you felt unstoppable?
I think I went to Target 4 times in the past week. It is my favorite black hole to get sucked into. I roam the $1- $3 section and pull out a whole bunch of nonsense (Ex. Cat face chip clips, mini mouse stickers, and stationary I won't use) and then I patrol  the ends of aisles hunting for red sticker treasures. At the end of my hour long expedition I finally pick up the single bottle of needed shampoo that prompted the whole trip.
When you host an adult sleep over Porto's is the only way to nurse your soar stomach from all the laughter and booze. If you are ever in the area get yourself a potato ball. This little ball of heaven includes mashed potatoes filled with seasoned beef, breaded and fried to perfection. Mmmm I want one now.
<3
 I'm so lucky to be entering this new phase of life and adulthood with the support of so many life long friends. In my young group of friends so many of us are already married, starting families, taking big jobs, and moving far away. All the recent wedding festivities and this sleepover gave me a chance to hold to everyone for a little bit longer. I know growing apart and moving on is natural but I'll never get use to it.
Minor event: I got a new car! Right before Matt left for his trip my current car died and the only hope for resurrection was to pay 1,500 bucks and hope for the best. We decided it was best to invest in a new vehicle so with further adieu I present you with Jefferson, the Jeep Patriot. He is tough but cute and everything this girl needs.
Lastly, I'm getting married in 35 days! I went and visited the location and loved seeing the grounds so green and full of blooming flowers. We are in home stretch and are starting to feel the pressures of the day closing in. It is time to saddle up because things are about to get crazy.

9 comments:

  1. Jessica, I'm so excited for you! There are so many wonderful changes going on in your life. Change always leads you to something new and exciting! Love your new SUV. It's too cute! And ummm yeah...i've got to try a glass of wine and Starburst! hahaha :D
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim you always have the sweetest words! Thanks for stopping by:)

      Delete
  2. An adult sleepover, oh man, I feel like I haven't had one of those in forever!

    7% Solution​

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl time is always needed especially when you can act young and silly!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your up coming wedding!! I also love your car!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much it is a really exciting time.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me tell you about my obsession with Target. I love the damn place. Sadly, we didn't have it in Canada (!!) Until this past month. Even MORE sad is that (I haven't been yet but) it's been getting shitty reviews! I need to check this out for myself.

    Also, you're looking so fit and gorgeous! Can't wait to see wedding pics! Oh and I want to follow you on Instagram, my screen name is FreyaLily88!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm following you now and you have to go look for yourself.

    ReplyDelete