Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Change

I have spent too many years making my friends, family, and school second if not fourth to work. With all honestly it is the nature of the beast and my generation is growing up in a time where it is completely  normal to hold multiple jobs,  covet the latest and greatest material things, take out hefty school loans, and see "debt" as the dead beat friend you allow to devour all your food, live in your wallet and occupy your mind at all times. With all the things going on in my life I've realized that above making money I just simply want to be is a good wife, friend, and daughter. I want to have the time to hear my grandparent's stories, to laugh with my parent's, to make dinner for Matt, and to one day have a child that wasn't raised in the care of another woman.  I want to clear out the clutter in my current lifestyle and make room for a happier and more fulfilling one. I no longer want to feel like I'm racing through my days just to make a buck.

This Thanksgiving I'm thankful for this realization and the actions I've already taken to change. I'm thankful for the desire to attend mass and the excitement I have to just be with the people I love.
This Monday marked the first day of my new pace of life and I spent it unpacking my mom's wedding dress and reliving her special day. I think I'm off to a beautiful start.

4 comments: