Sunday, March 9, 2014

The Challenge

I'm on a journey. A journey I've taken many times, to reach a happier weight and state of mind. Over the past three years I've developed a pattern of dropping 25-30 pounds in three months. Maintaining that weight for two months and then allowing myself to gain it back. I'm currently at the stage where I enter "health nut mode" and I want to challenge myself to break the pattern. This won't be easy, after all, I consider whiskey a dear friend, cupcakes my drug and Netflix marathons a sport. I've decided to journal about it because I want to hold myself accountable. I want to read this in six months and either think "Woo hoo, I'm a winner" or "Bitch, you messed up. Go buy more sweatpants." Good or bad something will be learned.
I went on three hikes this week, only drank one beer and gave up all things that come out of a vending machine for Lent. Little wins people.
(Eaton Canyon, Pasadena, CA)

2 comments:

  1. Good for you!!! I'm literally int he exact same boat. We move every year usually mid-summer. So I gain a LOT of weight moving to a new place because it's full of dinners out and happy hours and taking any social invitation we get so that we meet friends. Moving to the South was extremely difficult because everything is fried, everything is huge (portions especially) and everyone loves beer down here. So on Feb 3rd I joined a weigh loss challenge at work. I'm so so determined to get back down to 160-170 for my BFF's wedding this August. I have currently lost 17 lbs and have 39 more to go for my goal weight! I will keep checking on you :) I know you can do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good restaurants and happy hours are painfully awesome! I'm so proud of you for losing so much already. I really need to get at level!

      Delete