Monday, December 10, 2012

Christmas

I really like the holidays and have dedicated that past week to all things Christmas and cheerful (NO Grinches allowed). For the past seven days I've been gazing at beautiful trees, eating too many treats, and celebrating some awesome traditions! 
These cupcakes are from Crumbs in Glendale, CA and if your ever around these parts this place is a must. Forget everything you've heard about Sprinkles and other cupcake shacks because there is no competition in taste or design. They have everything from standard favors to cupcakes that taste like cosmopolitans and pumpkin spice lattes. 
Before you ask the boot was 4 or 5 bucks at Target, go get it! My boot was quite the hit at the ugly sweater party one of my Co-workers hosted. Nothing is better than a good themed party where everyone really goes all out on their attire. I especially loved the sweater above with the Santa beard. The girl made it herself by sewing on a costume beard she found at a Party City. 
Of all the fun/season/Santa friendly things I did in the past week nothing could top going to Huntington Harbor for the boat parades. Matt and I got invited to view the parade from a friend's waterfront home and as you can see the view didn't disappoint. Every year residents of the harbor elaborately decorate their boats, yachts, and even paddle boats in hopes of beating out one another for the gold. We were beyond impressed and super disappointed that I only had my iPhone to document this great event. I kept joking with Matt that one day when we are old and rich we'll live here and smoke everyone year after year:)
This one was my absolute favorite!
 Mama and Baby reindeer!


4 comments:

  1. I live right next to Glendale! Love the Americana :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cupcakes are adorable!

    •♥•.¸¸.•♥• •♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥• •♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥• •♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww we have holiday boat parades down the river in Portland as well but I don't think it started yet! I love all of the festive things you've done - I've pretty much only gone to one ugly sweater party! Oh and the Nutcracker ballet. I really need to get my act together and get a tree, before it's too late!

    Hope you're having a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That snowman cupcake!!! It's perfect!
    ♥JANETTE
    Janette Lane Blog


    PS. I live near L.A. Closer to Disneyland! It's nice seeing other So Cal bloggers.. Should start a club!

    ReplyDelete