Monday, January 20, 2014

Melting Pot

On Friday I gathered with friends for a multi-cultural potluck where everyone brought a dish and beer or alcohol from their motherland. With all the exciting dishes I kept hearing about I began feeling like my "nothing new to anyone" Mexican food wasn't going to cut it. I decided to bring Mexican entertainment and picked up a little Minion pinata. One of the highlights of the night was watching my very liquored up friends try to break it. The other highlight was hearing about everyone's family history. I was impressed to hear about a grandma who was a spy during WWII, a colonel in the Revolutionary War and relations to Crazy House, Dukes and Lords.

Two interesting things about me:
I'm related to Miguel Hidalgo 
My family owned a cotton plantation during the Great Depression
 Aftermath
Me and my Polish/Irish date
Mexican beer, food and entertainment

Countries involved: Mexico, Ireland, Poland, Africa, Germany, Sweden and Italy

1 comment: